My Commitment to You
I am committed to helping you develop as a professional, to supporting you with expertise and resources in career development, to staying on top of my game and learning everything I can that will help you, and being available to assist you during the time we work together. I am so excited to work with you, and can’t wait to get started!
- Client Eligibility. I work with young adults, age 18 – 30, all over the world, and I focus on early career development. If you are an established professional or fall outside of the age range of clients I work with, I am unable to provide service but am happy to refer you to other providers for career advising support. Feel free to contact me if you have questions about your eligibility or would like a referral.
- Advising versus Therapy. I am not a licensed mental health therapist, and career advising is not a therapeutic mental health service. If you are in need of mental health services, be sure to contact a licensed provider in your area. I do not work with insurance companies or provide documentation for insurance reimbursement.
- Confidentiality and Privacy. I never sell or share any of your information with outside parties. The content of career advising sessions between Janet and the client is kept confidential. This means that no information that is shared with me in career advising will be shared with anyone outside those sessions. The exceptions to confidentiality are:
- When the client provides permission in writing to share specific information with a third party (such as a parent)
- Provision of information to law enforcement or reporting agencies as required by U.S. law.
- Payment. Payment is due in advance of all services (regardless of the method of delivery), with the exception of one, free 15 minute initial consultation per client. See the Services page for current pricing.
- Refunds. I love what I do and make sure that I can support you well and fully. If you're not happy with your service, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and you'll get a 100% no-hassle refund.
- Family Involvement. I understand that often, parents or other family members want to be involved in the career process of their young adult. Career advising, however, is conducted directly between me and the client and is subject to confidentiality protection. If your family member has concerns about your progress, you may invite them to attend a session with you, or share information with them directly about how career advising is going. I am unable to provide information to them directly without your written permission or involvement.
- Cancellation and attendance. Can't make your scheduled session? Cancel with 12 hours notice. When you book an advising session with me, I reserve the time specifically for you and I prepare for our conversation in advance. In the event of conflicts, you can reschedule or cancel appointments via the online scheduling system up to 12 hours before the scheduled session. In the event of a no-show/no-answer or cancellation with fewer than 12 hours notice, you will not receive a refund for your session and will forfeit payment.
- Resume, CV, and LinkedIn Profile Reviews. Purchasing a resume, CV, or LinkedIn profile review entitles you to one review of one of these documents, with a written response including feedback, recommendations for changes, and edits. If you wish to have an additional review of your resume, CV, or LinkedIn profile, that is provided at an additional fee. See the Services page for current rates.
- No Guarantee of Employment. I do not offer any guarantee that career advising will lead directly or immediately to employment. You are responsible for your own success. However, if you are not satisfied with the progress of your advising, please let me know! There may be ways we can increase your success and improve your career plan.